Publikationen Diana Dimitrova
- February 2018: F. Pichierri, D. Dimitrova, "Smart environments in the health context, self-management and data protection in the STARR project" , in: International Review of Law, Computers & Technology 2018,
- May 2017: "Rigas satiksme – The Scope and Limits of Data Protection: Case note"
in: European Data Protection Law Review (EDPL), 2017, v. 3(3), 418-422,
- March 2017: "Connecting the dots in the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice (AFSJ)– Part I"
KU Leuven CiTiP Blog, 28.03.2017. https://www.law.kuleuven.be/citip/blog/connecting-the-dots-in-the-area-of-freedom-security-and-justice-afsj-part-i
- March 2017: "Connecting the dots in the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice (AFSJ)– Part II"
Ku Leuven CiTiP Blog, 30.03.2017. https://www.law.kuleuven.be/citip/blog/connecting-the-dots-in-the-area-of-freedom-security-and-justice-afsj-part-ii/
- September 2016: “The ‘Rubik’s cube’ of applicable data protection law in the EU,” CiTiP Blog, https://www.law.kuleuven.be/citip/blog/the-rubiks-cube-of-applicable-data-protection-law-in-the-eu/.
- June 2016: “The 'Smartification' of EU Borders: When 'Smart' Technology Does Not Come with 'Smart' Safeguards,” CiTiP Working Paper 28/2016. Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2800115.
- March 2016: Blog published by LSE on “Data Protection at the Schengen borders after Paris.” http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/mediapolicyproject/2016/03/14/data-protection-at-the-schengen-borders-after-paris/.
- October 2015: Blog published by LSE on the CJEU’s judgment on Safe Harbour: “(Un)Safe Harbour: Stop! Or the Court of Justice will shoot.” http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/mediapolicyproject/2015/10/06/unsafe-harbour-stop-or-the-court-of-justice-will-shoot/.
- September 2015: Blog published by LSE on ‘The Willems judgement: CJEU’s missed chance to reign in biometric data usage:’ http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/mediapolicyproject/2015/09/09/the-willems-judgment-cjeus-missed-chance-to-reign-in-biometric-data-usage/.
- May 2015: Blog published by LSE on ‘Passenger Name Records and data protection issues: busting some myths’: http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/mediapolicyproject/2015/05/19/passenger-name-records-and-data-protection-issues-busting-some-myths/.
- May 2015: Co-authored the article ‘Iris scanners can now identify us from 40 meters away,‘ published by The Conversation: http://theconversation.com/iris-scanners-can-now-identify-us-from-40-feet-away-42141.
- January 2015: Co-authored a research paper on the topic: Privacy By Design – The Case of Automated Border Control: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2548516. It is also a book chapter in 'Privacy and Identity Management for the Future Internet in the Age of Globalisation,' 9th IFIP WG 9.2, 9.5, 9.6/11.7, 11.4, 11.6/SIG 9.2.2 International Summer School, Patras, Greece, September 7-12, 2014, Revised Selected Papers.
- January 2015: Blog published by LSE on Rights of Passengers using Automated Border Control: http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/mediapolicyproject/2015/01/28/data-protection-rights-of-passengers-using-automated-border-control/.
- July 2014: Blog published by LSE on Automated Border Control and data protection considerations: http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/mediapolicyproject/2014/07/21/biometrics-please-automated-border-controls-data-protection-obligations/.
- Co-organization of a FastPass Panel at the Computers, Privacy and Data Protection 2016 Conference.
- Co-organization of and presentation at the Amsterdam Privacy Conference 2015 FastPass panel.
- 25. August 2015: Presentation at the ISBC 2015 Workshop in Karlsruhe. Topic: Identification and Surveillance at EU’s external borders. Participation in the following panel discussion at the ISBC 2015 Workshop.
- 24. May 2015: Presentation at the ISCRAM ELSI Workshop on the topic of data protection and mobile technologies for disaster management, Kristiansand, Norway.
- 30. April 2015: Presentation at FRONTEX on privacy and data protection aspects of Automated Border Control (ABC).
- 11. September 2014: Presentation at the IFIP Summer School on Privacy and Identity Management (2014), Patras, Greece. Topic: Privacy By Design – The Case of Automated Border Control.
- 8. September 2014: Presentation at the European Association on Biometrics, Darmstadt, Germany. Topic: Legal aspects of Automated Border Control.
- 19. June 2014: Presentation at the IoT week in London. Topic: Legal aspects of working with real data in research projects.